Ministry Of Education I.T. Future & Vision:
Ministry of Education works hard to improve the education process which the population goes through, and provide accessible, responsive, high quality education oriented services for the public.
The mission of Moe is to ensure the provision of evidence-bases education at all levels based on efficient use of ministry resources (Schools, libraries, e-services) and encouragement of personal responsibility for education.
The Ministry of Education Strategy is bases for future decision making & provide comprehensive view for improvement and development of the education system in Bahrain, the following is few of the strategies which the MOE is adapts:
- Education gain
- Quality, educational excellence
- Service development
- New investment in education infrastructure in Bahrain
- Partnership working
- community involvement
- Organization and management
- Human Resources
- Education, research and development
- Financial Management
- Information and communication technology
The Ministry of education knows that bringing services online is an important step in revolutionizing the way in which the ministry brings and offers its services to the general public. And so, we currently have five main e-services available on our official website: moe.gov.bh/en
- Public Libraries Service: This e-service has been developed by the Ministry of education, it is intended for all the public. With this service a one can search for a book in all the public libraries in Bahrain, reserve it and then go to the particular library and pick it up.
- Scholarship Application & results service: This e-service has been developed by the Ministry of education. It is developed to serve all the graduated students from high-school, who wishes to apply for a scholarship. Students can also check the scholarships results via this service.
- Graduates exams results service: This service has been developed by the Ministry Of Education, to serve both Intermediate schools’ graduates and high-schools’ graduates. With this service the graduated student can find out his graduation accumulative GPA.
- Issuing copies of Students’ certificates service: This service has been developed by the Ministry Of Education to serve all recent and old high-school graduates, it allows them to request various types of high-school certificates and notifications, from the Examination Directorate here at the Ministry of Education, they can choose the method they wish the certificates to be delivered to them, and pay print out and delivery fees online.
- Registration in Summer Clubs Service: This service has been developed by the Ministry of Education, to serve all students aged 7 to 12, students can register in the summer clubs that are organized by the Ministry of Education. These summer clubs offer a series of activities which are educational and fun, for the students. Those summer clubs also offer opportunities for part time teachers to participate in the clubs’ activities.
Ministry of education always aims to provide choice of channels to citizens so that they may access the services as convenient to their situation. The ministry is now offering some of its services on mobile and wap. So Starting this year 2009, graduates students from Intermediate and secondary schools can obtain their results through mobile phones, which have the WAP service. They can also take advantage of the short message service (SMS) in the request for the result and then receive the result in the form of SMS as well. In the future, Ministry of Education plans to develop more important services on the Mobile on phases.